Sunday, August 30, 2009

who doesn't love a no-bake cookie?

My aunt posted this recipe on Facebook the other day and I gave it a try. I mean who doesn't love a no bake cookie? Any cookie that resembles a cow pie is a winner in my book. Since I'm not a huge fan of the peanut butter I was glad to see a different recipe than the more traditional no-bake. They were quite delicious and I'm pretty sure I consumed the whole batch pretty much by myself.

I used butterscotch pudding and added chocolate chips. However, I should have let them cool a bit more before adding them as the chips melted quite a bit.

Unbaked Caramel Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 cup sugar
  • ¾ cup butter
  • ½ cup (4 oz) evaporated milk
  • 3 oz pkg. instant butterscotch pudding mix
  • 3½ cup quick- cooking oatmeal
Method:

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add butterscotch pudding mix and oatmeal; mix together thoroughly. Cool 15 minutes. Drop by spoons onto waxed paper. Makes 4 dozen After cooling, before you spoon onto the waxed paper you can add 1 cup of any or all of the following: butterscotch chips, nuts (any kind) raisins, coconut or chocolate chips. You can change the flavor of these cookies by changing the flavor of the instant pudding.

No comments: