Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thai Peanut Noodle Salad

If you are a fan of the P-Dub's Favorite Noodle Salad then I think you will like this one too!

It's from Our Best Bites. I made it on Friday and Quinn and I both loved it!

Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
Recipe by OurBestBites.com

8 oz Linguine Fini (or regular linguine)
4 C shredded greens: any combo of napa cabbage, romaine lettuce or even spinach
2 C thinly sliced purple cabbage
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1/2 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
3 C diced grilled chicken
honey roasted peanuts (about 1/2 cup)

Thai Peanut Salad Dressing (save some time and make this part ahead!)

Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil. Add a spoonful of salt and then add your pasta. While pasta is cooking, start chopping those veggies.

You can really use any mix of veggies you want. I used spinach because I think it is the healthiest of greens.

As soon as your pasta is done drain it and run some cold water over it until it's cool. If you're not going to use it right away, add a drizzle of the salad dressing and stir to coat. This will prevent the noodles from getting all clumpy. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.

When you're ready to assemble the salad, place noodles, veggies, and chicken in a large bowl.

Pour the Thai Peanut Dressing over everything, stirring as you go until you have enough to coat. I use it all!

Dressing:

1/2 C peanut butter
1 lime, juiced and zested
2 1/2 t sesame oil
1 T seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 T soy sauce
3 T honey
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 T minced ginger
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro (stems and all)
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/4 t kosher salt
2-3 t sriracha chili sauce*
2-4 T water

*I use 3 t Sriracha because Quinn likes spicey, for me it definitely had kick so if you don't love spice then dial down the Sriracha sauce

Place everything in a blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 2 cups.

p.s. why isn't anybody posting on this site anymore???

3 comments:

Dana said...

I'm not posting but I'm still reading and this sounds delicious and since it's going to be in the 80's all week (really hot for IF) I think I'll make this. Also, where would I get that sriracha chili sauce?

Devry said...

i bought mine in the asian food aisle at walmart

Kathleen said...

We made this salad yesterday for dinner and it was so delicious!!! Everyone loved it and chowed down.