Thursday, October 23, 2008

because Kenzie doesn't like cake

Aunt Candy's Sugar Cookies


It's a challenge coming up with birthday cake alternatives. I've tried ice cream pies and decorated rice krispie treats in years past. This year I made a giant cookie cupcake. It was a hit. Here's my recipe, I've used it for years. Again, people the secret is the butter.

2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk

6 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3 tsp baking powder

Add ingredients in order given. Add dry ingredients until beater can’t stir them. Then stir with a spoon. Knead a little until you can handle it, but not too much. Roll and shape. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Makes 4-6 dozen.

(Don't forget to roll the dough directly onto the back of your cookie sheet and bake directly. You'll get a much cleaner shape than if you pick them up to transfer them. Oh, and don't knead or handle the dough too much, it makes the dough tough)

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm so excited to have your sugar cookie recipe. I'm so in the mood for them right now!