Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cinderella for Sadie



To go along with the Princess theme, a Cinderella cake, natch. I am pleased with how she turned out for the most part, but when I do another one I will not tint the fondant so dark, a lighter shade of blue would be better. I cut the spider off of a Halloween spider ring for her choker and just used fondant for her headband. A special shout out to Mackenzie for Cinderella's updo. I am notoriously bad at styling Barbie doll hair.

Oh, and after I made the Cinderella cake I decided to make a simple Princess crown cut up cake to actually eat. Fondant cake is not very tasty, imho.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can attest that Princess Barbie cake was incredible. Candy you are truly a cake genius!

Rose said...

Sadie is so lucky, Josie loved the Barbie princess cake. I guess she'll have to settle for a poor imitation when her birthday rolls around. Bravo Candy

Dana said...

The barbie cake was both visually amazing and delicious to the taste. Thanks again, you made a very spoiled three year old very happy.