Monday, September 15, 2008

BBQ Meatloaf

I tried this recipe yesterday solely on the premise that when I googled "Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever" this is the first one that popped up. I wanted something a little different from the usual. Didn't want anything with green peppers in it, either.
I had to endure many pointed references to it's BBQiness (variety and change is so upsetting around here:) Go ahead, ld share the joke about how hard it was to turn the meatloaf on the grill.

Still, I liked it a lot. Enough so that I want to share.

1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped onion ( I used more)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven 350. Mix all ingredients except the Barbecue sauce together, then spread meatloaf mixture into an ungreased loaf pan. Spoon barbecue sauce on the top of the meatloaf and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.

No comments: