Sunday, September 7, 2008

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


This little gem comes from the Vineyard cook book courtesy of Rose Marie Morris.

2 c. quality shortening ( this is the secret ingredient....use the shortening, it's delicious I promise)
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 c. white sugar
4 eggs beaten
2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. nuts (optional)
4 c. sifted flour
1 1/2 c. quick oats
2 tsp baking soda

I always add ingredients in order they are listed.

Drop on Cookie Sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes

3 comments:

Devry said...

yea! I was waiting for you to post this recipe! I'll make it in about 7 months or so when I feel like cooking again :)

Dana said...

Shortening scares me. But since I already know they are delicious I will do as you say.

Lindsay said...

Shortening scares us all. That's why it's the secret ingredient.

D-I hope the 7 months flies by for you. Won't it be nice to be able to eat not only cookies, but really anything again?