Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fried Pasta


My very first convert in the mission introduced me and my companion (the former Sister Harrison) to this divine dish. She cooked it for us one afternoon before our appointment. Mmm...I then introduced it to all of my companions and Sister Harrison did the same. Needless to say, it quickly made it's fame known around the mish. All sisters were chowing down on this delight. It's super quick and easy!

Bring a pot of water to a boil, water should taste salty. Cook your pasta (however much you want. I usually use 12-16oz.) While the pasta is being prepared...
Chop several cloves of garlic (depending on your garlic taste--I use about 4 cloves)
Slice several (about 5-7) sundried tomatoes. (You can use the kind that come in the jar with oil--not my favorite, or you can use the packaged kind--which I recommend)
 Sautee garlic and tomatoes in LOTS of olive oil (extra virgin). Be sure to not let them get brown, you just want them soft.


When the pasta is done, drain it and throw it into the same saucepan as the garlic and tomatoes. Cook until slightly crunchy.

Then add dried Basil, a thick layer on top, then mix.
Use a good slice of cream cheese or goats cheese in the pasta...Stir and let it coat the pasta.


And finally, grate some cheese (of your choice--I prefer mozzarella) on top and Viola! Prepare your taste buds!! Mmmm...



4 comments:

cs said...

Megs, I loved it when you cooked this for us all soon after you came home from the mish. How's about coming over and fixin' it again? Think of me as an investigator:)

lacy lee said...

This is one I can do! Sunday dinner: look out!

Chea said...

I tried this one. awesome. cept wayne wont talk to me for 2 days till the garlic smell goes away.

Megs said...

Ha HA! So true Chea! Sorry... :)
I just love garlic too much...it's worth it. ;)