Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunday Snackie


Usually on Sunday I try to have some munchies or snackies around as my chilluns' have enormous sweet teethies. You know, stuff like, Kit Kats, Italian Icees, Brownies, etc. Also, sometimes I need to take a treat around to someone in the ward. Well, that's how I justify making it. Anyway, my fav quicky treat to make is one Kathleen gave me years ago and one I published in the original Arnett Family Cookbook. I made it yesterday.

Carmel Corn

(I have made this recipe so much I can do it by heart. This is Brig’s fav. It’s soooo easy and it stays soft. But please only use real butter. It makes all the diff)

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup butter

Boil the above mixture just barely. Add ¾ teaspoon soda and stir. Pour over 2-3 batches of popcorn. ( I use microwave popcorn, because I’m so lazy)

Kathleen's recipe (and now mine too:)

No comments: